Sat, Jul 24|
Save The Snakes
Save The Snakes - Level 1 Venomous Course - Mather, CA
If you are a land manager, environmental consultant, first responder, zoo professional, herpetology enthusiast, photographer, or private citizen looking to learn how to safely handle and relocate venomous reptiles, this course is for you!
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2021, 9:30 AM PDT – Jul 25, 2021, 3:30 PM PDT
Save The Snakes, 4426 Excelsior Road, Mather, CA 95655
About the Event
**This course is hosted by Save The Snakes. Please contact Michael Starkey for questions about the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
If you are a land manager, environmental consultant, first responder, zoo professional, herpetology enthusiast, photographer, or private citizen looking to learn how to safely handle and relocate venomous reptiles, this course is for you! This course is two days and is taught on-site at various locations across the southeast. We have hosted our course at military installations, nature centers, and conservation facilities. Some general information about the course:
- Hands on individual training, guided by one of our professional instructors.
- Handling methods for non-venomous and venomous snakes.
- Learn about the life history, toxinology, and ecology of native venomous reptiles.
- Emergency field care for envenomation
- Methods of relocation
By registering for a training course sponsored, hosted, or taught by Save The Snakes, you acknowledge and accept the following cancellation policy. Notice of a student's intent to cancel a registration must be made in writing to Save The Snakes by email to Starkey@savethesnakes.org or by mail and is subject to the following terms:
- Students whose cancellation request is received in excess of 30 days prior to the start date of the training activity will incur a $25.00 administrative fee and remaining costs refunded.
- Students whose cancellation request is received within 14 to 29 days prior to the start date of the training activity will incur an administration fee equal to 50% of the obligated fee.
- Students whose cancellation request is received within 13 days prior to the start date or after the commencement of the training activity will incur an administration fee equal to 100% of the obligated fee.
One substitute is permitted per registrant for the entire course; daily substitutions are not permitted. Save The Snakes must be notified prior to the first day of the course when a substitution will occur. Save The Snakes will also allow the registration fee to be applied to a different course if the request is made more than 14 days prior to the start date of training. This request must be made in writing, subject to approval by Save The Snakes, and can be used during a period of time not exceeding 12 months from the original course registration.
Save The Snakes reserves the right to cancel courses, change course location, change instructors, or change course content. In the event that a course must be canceled due to lack of interest or the location of the course changed, registrants will be informed 30 days prior to the start of the course and full tuition refund issued to students. Save The Snakes reserves the right to cancel classes without prior notice due to natural disaster or other situations beyond Save The Snakes' control (facility fire, hurricane, flooding, extreme weather, wildfires, theft/vandalism of equipment, and other circumstances requiring cancellation of a class).
Save The Snakes is not responsible for travel costs incurred. Please do not purchase non-refundable airline tickets more than 30 days before the course. Should a course require cancellation or change in location, Save The Snakes is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets.