Introductory Relocator Course - Jacksonville, FL
Time & Location
About the Event
Use "VET1ST" for Veterans, First Responders, and Non-profit partners.
Use "STUDENT20" for Student discount.
This course does not supplement the VRC License in Florida or any other permits required by state agencies for legal relocation of wildlife.
This course is tailored to help anyone who is concerned about snakes in or around your home. Whether you are knowledgeable about native snakes or have never seen one in person, this course provides safe and useful information to help out homeowners to safely relocate snakes! This course is one day and is taught on-site at various locations across the southeast and southwest. We have hosted our other courses at military installations, nature centers, and conservation facilities. Some general information about the course:
- Hands on individual training, guided by one of our professional instructors.
- Handling methods for non-venomous and venomous snakes.
- Tools and equipment that can be used
- Methods of relocation
By registering for a training course sponsored, hosted, or taught by The Rattlesnake Conservancy, you acknowledge and accept the following cancellation policy. Notice of a student's intent to cancel a registration must be made in writing to The Rattlesnake Conservancy by email to Director@savethebuzztails.org or by mail and is subject to the following terms:
- Students whose cancellation request is received in excess of 30 days prior to the start date of the training activity will incur a $25.00 administrative fee and remaining costs refunded.
- Students whose cancellation request is received within 14 to 29 days prior to the start date of the training activity will incur an administration fee equal to 50% of the obligated fee.
- Students whose cancellation request is received within 13 days prior to the start date or after the commencement of the training activity will incur an administration fee equal to 100% of the obligated fee.
One substitute is permitted per registrant for the entire course; daily substitutions are not permitted. The Rattlesnake Conservancy must be notified prior to the first day of the course when a substitution will occur. The Rattlesnake Conservancy will also allow the registration fee to be applied to a different course if the request is made more than 14 days prior to the start date of training. This request must be made in writing, subject to approval by The Rattlesnake Conservancy, and can be used during a period of time not exceeding 12 months from the original course registration.
The Rattlesnake Conservancy reserves the right to cancel courses, change course location, change instructors, or change course content. In the event that a course must be canceled due to lack of interest or the location of the course changed, registrants will be informed 30 days prior to the start of the course and full tuition refund issued to students. The Rattlesnake Conservancy reserves the right to cancel classes without prior notice due to natural disaster or other situations beyond The Rattlesnake Conservancy's control (facility fire, hurricane, flooding, extreme weather, wildfires, theft/vandalism of equipment, and other circumstances requiring cancellation of a class).
The Rattlesnake Conservancy is not responsible for travel costs incurred. Please do not purchase non-refundable airline tickets more than 30 days before the course. Should a course require cancellation or change in location, The Rattlesnake Conservancy is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets.